By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written a fascinating and obtainable ebook that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban collage London
"A scholarly travel de strength that brings into concentration some of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience reworked us into smooth topics of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing getting old in the course of the existence path, taking in adolescence, early life, mid-life and older age, and located explicitly inside a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technology debates at the examine of getting older linking those to middle sociological concepts.
- Links conception and alertness, utilizing a number of examples and overseas case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, additional interpreting and guided questions.
A thought-provoking significant other to complex undergraduates and postgraduate scholar learning growing old, older humans, social gerontology and similar courses.
Read Online or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Best gerontology books
Getting older is linked to morphologic and useful adjustments of organ platforms together with the genitourinary tract. getting older of the bladder results in urgency, frequency, dysuria, recurrent urinary tract infections and incontinence either in aging women and men. those indicators ensue often, are very distressing and effect everyday life of the getting older individual.
In 2006, the 1st child boomers became 60, unleashing a veritable tidal wave of gloomy punditry, advertisements for monetary providers, and forecasts of imminent nationwide financial disaster. In The lengthy child increase, Jeff Goldsmith counters the predictions of such "catastropharians" with a much more positive situation.
Precise a Doody's center identify! "This quantity is without doubt one of the top practice-oriented books on psychological well-being and getting older that i've got learn. i'm hoping that the arrival years will see important advancements in outreach to depressed older adults. This booklet lays a superior and credible beginning for those efforts.
Inside our collective seize dwells the awesome probability of the abolition of organic getting older. It’s an important “if”, but when we elect as a species to make this undertaking a concern, there’s round a 50% probability that useful rejuvenation treatments leading to the excellent reversal of getting older might be largely to be had as early as 2040.
- The Caregiver's Tale: Loss and Renewal in Memoirs of Family Life
- Qualitative Gerontology: A Contemporary Perspective, Second Edition
- Older Wards and Their Guardians
- Ageing Matters: European Policy Lessons from the East (Social Policy in Modern Asia)
- Ageing in Singapore: Service needs and the state (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- The Hospice: Development and Administration (Death Education, Aging and Health Care)
Extra resources for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course
Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course by Susan Pickard