By David Newton
This accessibly written publication introduces readers to DNA—one of crucial applied sciences for the manipulation of all kinds of existence, from uncomplicated micro organism to vegetation and animals. It additionally addresses an important social, moral, political, monetary, and different matters raised by way of this way of technology.
• presents an interesting and readable advent to the subject of DNA expertise that permits anyone—even readers with a minimum heritage in science—to comprehend the technological know-how and know-how fascinated about a lot of ultra-modern key social issues
• bargains a completely up to date model of the data and issues first provided within the profitable first version of this book
• offers an intensive diversity of reference fabrics that come with a longer annotated bibliography and wide endnotes
• contains a files and knowledge bankruptcy that gives excerpts from very important legislation, complaints, executive reviews, and different fundamental sources
Read or Download DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best genetics books
Plant Breeding stories offers cutting-edge stories on plant genetics and the breeding of every kind of plants via either conventional capability and molecular tools. the various vegetation broadly grown this day stem from a really slender genetic base; realizing and protecting crop genetic assets is key to the safety of nutrients platforms world wide.
Targeting Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the second one version of Yeast Gene research represents a tremendous transforming of the unique version, with many thoroughly new chapters and significant revisions to all earlier chapters. initially released almost immediately after of completion of the yeast genome series, the recent version covers some of the significant genome-wide innovations which were built for the reason that then equivalent to microarray research of transcription, artificial gene array reports, protein microarrays and chemical genetic techniques.
Organic DNA Sensor defines the that means of DNA sensing pathways and demonstrates the significance of the innate immune responses brought on by means of double stranded DNA (dsDNA) via its influencing capabilities in ailment pathology and immune task of adjuvants for vaccines. although mentioned in particular subsections of latest books, dsDNA and its immunogenic homes hasn't ever bought the full remedy given during this booklet.
During the last thirty years, a brand new systemic notion of existence has emerged on the leading edge of technology. New emphasis has been given to complexity, networks, and styles of corporation resulting in a unique form of 'systemic' considering. This quantity integrates the guidelines, versions, and theories underlying the structures view of lifestyles right into a unmarried coherent framework.
- The Role of Genetics in Breast and Reproductive Cancers (Cancer Genetics)
- Understanding Lipid Metabolism with Microarrays and Other Omic Approaches
- Bog Bodies Uncovered: Solving Europe's Ancient Mystery
- Small Supernumerary Marker Chromosomes (sSMC): A Guide for Human Geneticists and Clinicians
- Genetic and Genomic Resources for Grain Cereals Improvement
- Gene Therapy for Viral Infections
Additional resources for DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues)
DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) by David Newton