By Yoshiko Matsumoto
Faces of Aging foregrounds a spectrum of elder-centered issues—social task, caregiving, generational bias, suicide, sexuality, and verbal exchange with doctors, to call a few—from the point of view of these who're residing them. The volume's diversified members signify the fields of sociology, anthropology, medication, nursing, gerontology, psychology, movie stories, gender stories, conversation, and linguistics, supplying a various collection of qualitative experiences of getting older to researchers around the social sciences.
Read Online or Download Faces of Aging: The Lived Experiences of the Elderly in Japan PDF
Similar gerontology books
Getting older is linked to morphologic and sensible adjustments of organ structures together with the genitourinary tract. getting older of the bladder results in urgency, frequency, dysuria, recurrent urinary tract infections and incontinence either in aging women and men. those indicators happen usually, are very distressing and effect lifestyle of the getting older individual.
In 2006, the 1st child boomers grew to become 60, unleashing a veritable tidal wave of gloomy punditry, advertisements for monetary prone, and forecasts of coming near near nationwide financial ruin. In The lengthy child growth, Jeff Goldsmith counters the predictions of such "catastropharians" with a much more positive situation.
Targeted a Doody's middle identify! "This quantity is likely one of the most sensible practice-oriented books on psychological healthiness and getting older that i've got learn. i'm hoping that the arrival years will see great advancements in outreach to depressed older adults. This booklet lays a great and credible starting place for those efforts.
Inside our collective clutch dwells the awesome risk of the abolition of organic getting older. It’s a massive “if”, but when we elect as a species to make this undertaking a concern, there’s round a 50% likelihood that functional rejuvenation remedies leading to the great reversal of getting older could be extensively on hand as early as 2040.
- Advancing Gerontological Social Work Education (Journal of Gerontological Social Work)
- The Geography of Aging: Preparing Communities for the Surge in Seniors
- Superar las barreras de la discapacidad: 18 años de Disability & Society (Spanish Edition)
- Altersdiskriminierung am Arbeitsplatz: Ein Vergleich der Länder Deutschland, Großbritannien und Schweden (German Edition)
- Aging China: The Demographic Challenge to China's Economic Prospects (Washington Papers (Paperback))
- Ageing Populations and Changing Labour Markets: Social and Economic Impacts of the Demographic Time Bomb (Corporate Social Responsibility)
Additional info for Faces of Aging: The Lived Experiences of the Elderly in Japan
Faces of Aging: The Lived Experiences of the Elderly in Japan by Yoshiko Matsumoto